Big Light

Who do you want to see or not see in XF3 and why? Any story line ideas? Not that Frank and Chris need our help...

BTW: Frank, if you happen to be surfing your own forum, thanks for the wonderful job you have done over the years!

I personally would love to see:

1. Maggie Scully - cause every one needs their Mom. And she was so good to Mulder

2. Walter Skinner - Do I need to explain myself here?

3. Alvin Kersh - friend or foe? Alive or dead?

4. William Mulder - I think his powers have returned and would be instrumental for the 2012 storyline.

5. Gibson Praise - the predecessor to William (and Jeff Gulka was so cute as a kid)

6. Marita Covarrubias - friend or foe? Alive or dead?

Tags: Gibson, Maggie, Marita, Skinner, William, XF3

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yupp! I thought about that too (commercial pov & Latin America). But from that pov you could make every movie in China, no? lol.

I can picture that- Scully and Mulder in Mexico. Couldn't they take Gibson Praise along with them ? hehe. Or William for that matter. Hmm.

I am not sure- but I split that world map so that the line between FRance and Hawaii won't go just across the Ocean. Wouldn't the line across Mexico the other way around *scratches head*.

I linked the numerals to some Scully philes. I am not a girl of numers. But it surely looks like a pretty cool phile injoke. :D

orodromeus said:

I actually think it might be nice if XF3 would take place in Mexico, where the Maya were! I
t's a nice contrast to the cold climate of IWTB.
FTF had both hot and cold (Texas and Antarctica).

Also, it makes sense from a commercial point of view: there's a big XF following in Latin America!

DEC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Maya_5.png?width=40

Maya 1.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Maya_12.png?width=40

Maya 1.png

X

F

I was just thinking about this "aesthetic of film" thing again. And obviously Mulder and Scully arn't going on vacation in XF3, right? And "invasion" itself IS a pretty dark thing. Soo. I don't think I have even seen enough "end of the world movies" to imagine the look. But it just accurded to me-  that it couldn't be that Je Souhaite "sit down somewhere with a great cup of coffee and I'd watch the world go by"  look, you know ?

so I put this together. And I can see how that "wilderness" thing might set it apart visually from FTF and IWTB. Since IWTB was that cold and 'sterile' in a way.

And I can seehow one might put the first two together. But how will season 8 & 9 go with that whole "ancient mythology" thing? ....

I think I might have to watch "The Truth" again.

ps: I still vote for Mulder and Scully at some beach -scene. IDK - let them be chased by supersoldiers or whatever happens in XF3. But we never saw them together at a beach. And for the end of the world, the ocean/atlantic seems a good place. I think Scully's dad would agree. ^^

orodromeus said:

I actually think it might be nice if XF3 would take place in Mexico, where the Maya were! It's a nice contrast to the cold climate of IWTB. FTF had both hot and cold (Texas and Antarctica).

DEC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Maya_5.png?width=40

Maya 1.png

Maya 1.png

X

F

China is everywhere at leadership forum

.The Davos microcosm is a measure of how pervasive the influence of China has become in world affairs.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/01/26/business/chicon.php?rss

A Hot Topic for Davos: China’s Big Challenges

SHANGHAI — The seemingly unstoppable rise of China has long been high on the agenda at the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

At Davos, a litany of problems raise their head

By MATT MOORE and FRANK JORDANS, Associated Press Matt Moore And Frank Jordans, Associated Press – Mon Jan 24, 3:19 pm ET
DAVOS, Switzerland – The annual World Economic Forum opens this week under a cloud of economic worries, concern over China's growing influence in politics and business, and simmering anxieties over Europe's debt crisis.

(or maybe it's China who's scared?)

Wary of Egypt Unrest, China Censors Web
Asia & Pacific - International Herald Tribune von By EDWARD WONG and DAVID BARBOZA
Two of the nation’s biggest online portals blocked keyword searches of the word “Egypt,” and the use of the word has also been blocked on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo?i=16412826714aee5fc3faaeb1ff0019ed

orodromeus said:

Hm, people have been talking a lot about a certain rising power lately, no? ;)

MY THOUGHTS ON X-FILES 3. IF IN FACT IT TRULY IS BASED ON CHANGING WOMAN, SUN FATHER, AND THE HERO TWINS MONSTER SLAYER AND BORN OF WATER AND WHY.

1)Scully really had twins.( As a mom of four I've never been happy with Reyes and the whole"the child has been delivered Dana." I'd like to believe that twin A was female which is why twin A was secreted away by Mulder immediatley after birth.

Hence his arrival at Scully's and "I named him William after your father."

With in the Navajo mythologyTwin A "Monster Slayer immediatley went into hiding, then Sun Father, than twin B "Born of Water" went into hiding. After Monster Slayer and Born of Water are in hiding, Sun Father and Changing Woman are reunited.

2) When the time comes the hero twins in Navajo Mythology make their way back to their mother Changing Woman through the assistance of their Uncle the cloud. I see either Skinner, Doggett or Charles Scully in this role.

Sun Father at first tries to deny that Monster Slayer and Born of Water are the children of he and Changing woman until they make certain choices that prove to him other wise. I could see Mulder refusing to believe his children were his until certain things were divulged by them proving they really were. Look at all the pain caused him by the Samantha clones.

Changing Woman knew them immediatley. Scully would believe; ("Never Give Up hope) they were who they were immediatley.

3) Mulder killing Gibson Praise: Gibson fits the role of Big Monster in Navajpo mythology. In the mythology Sun Father tells the hero twins that he will kill big monster because he is his son not by Changing woman. Big Monster goes to changing woman looking for her children, he sees evidence that after years of no children in her home, that children are there now. She tells him she did those things because she is lonely. I can see Gibson striking a deal with the aliens to "save Mulder." Hence actually betraying him and actually assisting the aliens in the colonization albiet unwillingly thinking he is saving mulder from them.

4) The return of our favorite trio Melvin Frohike, John Byers, and Richard Langley yes they would be nothing more than the spirits we saw in the truth, but they would aid William and twin A to Mulder, Scully and in their quest to defeat the"grey monsters inhabiting earth."

5)A flat refusal by Scully to go running to...New Mexico (maybe) with Mulder and the twins. Mulder knowing his childrens

paranormal abilities would encourage William ( who was with Scully the longest and truly does know his mothers heart, and heart ache) to get Scully to join them.( When in the mythology Changing Woman does join Sun Father and hero twins

she brings along another child fathered by Sun Father) Okay yes she is suppossed to be barren but still it would give more credence that after 11 years seperation why she wouldn't go running back into the darkness. I could see really beautiful scene there.

6)Alien human hybrids from Scully's ova.( Well Changing Woman is credited with being the mother of races by sloughing her skin cells.)So we know Scully's ova were stolen but by whom?? So the original theifs we know had some, than the Kurts had some. ( Who do they really work for) Mulder stole some and had them tested and put into storage. Who did he bring them too? Finally Dr Parenti had some as well, who did he really work for?

7)Alien human replicants who are they really? I'd like to put them in the Navajo mythological catagory of those monsters that assist Sun Father and the hero twins. Why not they were once human. Billy Miles knew Mulder and Scully as a human and as a replicant. As a replicant he went and DESTROYED people, buildings and records maintained on Scully's pregnancy. The ones held by Parenti and cohorts, as well as those held  by Duffy Haskell. The replicants basically protected Scully's delivery hence :They came to take him away , but didn't"

I didnt hear anyone say we're taking the baby, but I did hear "This child will be born." Seems to me that these people following a star were just making sure everybody came out okay.

Now who and what would I like to see in The X-Files 3: THE TRUTH EMERGES.

Reunification of Scully and Mulder with William and twin if there is one. Have them at the Hoover on a field trip and they go straight to Skinner calling him Uncle Walter.

A couple of glimpses of past characters, Meeting up with the vampires, maybe a younger generation of the Adam and Eve's, Maybe even have William and Twin be called to a field with a craft like that of Amor Fati and Providance. Of course the possibility of meeting grandpa Smokey would bne nice. Apperances by Frohicke, Byers, and Langley, Jimmy, Ives, and of course everybodys favorite bad guy Man in Black Morris Fletcher ( I can see him hiding behind Scully at some point.)

As per the invasion I'm up for anything, considering that the hero twins win in navajo mythology we know william and twin would win here. How???? Well that would be up to The GreaT Creator CC, and his band of merry men

"Pemberton provided incredible scenery, but shooting in below-freezing temperatures 14 hours a day was hard on the crew and the actors, whose on-camera wardrobe wasn't as warm as ours. "Next movie takes place in Hawaii," became a common joke on set."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/x-files-spotnitz-35546.aspx

traumcave said:

reposting it here:

XF 3 should link to the first XF movie in 98 with the ongoing conspirancy!

The movie should definately include Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish! Since Mulder got lost in season 8 I

just watched some of the eps, but since I spent the last couple of weeks watching 8&9 for the first time,  I just love their characters! Frank and Chris did a masterpiece of work creating these 2 new spirits to the X files!

In the story of XF3 Doggett and Reyes could serve as a link for M&S to return to the FBI, I'd love to see them in their suits again! :)

I agree with you Kerstin. There is so much that I would love to see touched on in 3. From characters, to the mythology, the consortium. So many thrashed IWTB, the whole point of that was to clear Mulder so that he could walk freely around. It also wasto show that the dynamic duo were still together, that they both still fight the darkness. As for characters I would love to meet Charles Scully. All of Scully's family have played pivotal roles in the series. Maggie, The Captain, Bill, Melissa. We first meet Charlie, his wife and two sons in Beyond the Sea at The Captains funeral. Than in Home Scully makes a referance to the movie Babe. We have met every Scully but Charlie. Why?? We were shown the extremely close bond between all the Scully's. I believe that we will meet him in 3 and he will play a pivotal role. I also believe that we will see Doggett and Reyes and that Skinner will have a much larger role than in IWTB. His apperance was to show that he was still with the FBI. Every scene in every episode and in both movies is done with the final culmination of the story in mind. Each unanswered question for us the fans, really has been answered but in different episodes. I believe that their sexual relationship began in the pilot. In Emily, Mulder tells the Judge that he suspected that Scully had been infertile since her abduction. Now seriously I have guy friends, and I don't give them the intimate details. But thinking about it, ok WHY would he suspect she was sterile??? Hello. okay off topic that was just an example of we have questions, we have already been given the answers. The Alien Human Replicants, are not what we think they are. I think we'll be seeing Billy Miles again. Well at least i'd like to think so................

I want to see Roy Thinnes return as Jeremiah Smith. I'm sure a way could be found for him to play a significant part in the story for the third film. His character just seemed to be 'getting there' when he disappeared yet again. He is an enigmatic alien and perhaps he could be some kind of explanatory voice from the alien side of things.

Mind you I'm a big fan of The Invaders which R.T. was in back in the 60s. I'd like to see somebody reactivate that concept (messrs Spotnitz & Carter et al?) and do a modern day successor series. A much older David Vincent (R.T.'s character) could still be central to the series, but with others around to assist. In 1995 a weird reinterpretation of The Invaders was produced as a three hour mini-series. Thinnes agreed to appear in this, but very much just as a cameo type role, in which he sort of handed the baton over to Scott Bakula's character. This was a curious kind of show, which lacked all the usual invader traits (bent pinkies; burning up when dying etc.; classic eerie flying saucers) and it would be a shame for that to be the last word on that great Quinn Martin show based upon Larry Cohen's ideas.

For me, The X-Files shares common ground with The Invaders. Not least the inclusion of Thinnes into the later seasons, but also the themes being dealt with (alien conspiracy). I know the Big Light team, and particularly Mr. Carter and Mr. Spotnitz like to work upon their own creations - but perhaps reviving a classic old 1960s show might prove to be just another vehicle worth considering?

I just felt like posting this once more ;p

speaks for itself / for XF3, no?

Oh. And I think many philes (the girls who watch Castle) spoke out for wanting Rob Bowman to direct XF3 ...

:)

Thank you for this traumcave!! I've been super busy lately, I was busy making cupcakes for a school birthday when you posted this. If you look at IMDb pro it says "Chris Carter is working a new project," but that requires a paid subscription.

But one in the dark can always hope!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

traumcave replied to traumcave's discussion Decades of X: 90s vs. post-2001 (2012)
"also this "
Mar 28
traumcave replied to traumcave's discussion Decades of X: 90s vs. post-2001 (2012)
"Kimon, did you see this part of the SDCC 2013? http://youtu.be/cqTtGpiw_Z8?t=46m40s Q:Do you think those (wolrd) dynamics would change how you write or would have written the show? CC: Yes. (...) I think, that if The X-Files would come back…"
Mar 28
Marina commented on Marina's photo
Thumbnail

Photoshoot 5 (3)

"I had a poster with this picture on my wall :) I even tried to draw them but I'm not that talented so I failed :D"
Dec 9, 2013
Erin Blair commented on Marina's photo
Thumbnail

Photoshoot 5 (3)

"This was one of my favorite photoshoots of them. :)"
Dec 5, 2013

© 2014   Created by Big Light.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service