Big Light

LAX-Files, Chris Carter, and Counting Down to a Greenlight

XF3 fever is going strong and May 7th may be your last best chance to see Chris Carter before a third X-Files film gets a green light! (Believe in the Future)

Chris Carter, creator of The X-Files, Mulder and Scully and all things amazing since 1993, will be on hand for a book signing and special Q&A event to take place at the American Film Institute on May 7th!

Joining forces with Chris  to raise funds for the American Cancer Society in honor of Kim Manners are:

Assistant Director Skinner aka Mitch Pileggi, who gave fans a huge surprise when he showed up to help Scully save Mulder (yet again) in the second X-Files feature film, The X-Files: I Want to Believe. After months of speculation, the skinman finally appeared and all was right with the world!

Maggie Scully aka Sheila Larken, the woman every phile wants as a mom! We've had the pleasure of interviewing Ms. Larken, and we can tell you without a doubt that if we could choose an on-screen mom to give us a hug or pack us a lunch, it's her. Not only did Maggie Scully bring up one tough daughter, she did it with grace, style and a never ending belief in faith and hope. No wonder Scully has made it 18 years with Mulder!

Gibson Praise aka Jeff Gulka, the boy who could tell you what you had for breakfast, was apparently very good at hiding the fact that he knew Scully was pregnant (we're guessing he could read fetal thoughts too) and he really made the Fowl one uncomfortable. Jeff is all grown up now, has some pretty funny stories about his time on the series, and he's traveling here all the way from Canada for this event!

R.W. Goodwin aka the Golden Globe winning, five-time Emmy Award nominee, co-executive and executive producer of 116 of the series' 202 episodes. If that isn't enough for you, he also directed the phenomenal episode "One Breath" and the season 5 finale which led up to the first feature film in the summer of 1998. That episode was, "The End," or as philes remember it, Scully embraces Mulder in their burnt out basement office as fans start the countdown to June 19th. XFN caught up with Bob Goodwin in 2009.

Glen Morgan aka the Emmy nominated writer and producer of some of the series' very best episodes. Glen Morgan is probably best known to X-Files fans as the man who brought us "Home" along with writing partner, James Wong. It was the first X-Files episode to get a viewer discretion warning for graphic content, became one of the series' most popular episodes and was one of director Kim Manners' favorites. Morgan and Wong were also responsible for MOTW's "Tooms" and "Squeeze" (we'll never look at an air vent the same way again) and for the beautifully memorable, "Beyond the Sea."

If you haven't bought your copy of LAX-Files or your ticket to this event, pick up your credit card and make it happen!

Tickets are $77 and all proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.

We know that no one likes a math geek so we'll make this simple. What will $77 get you? Aside from spending some time with the amazing people listed above and hearing them talk about their time on The X-Files, their memories of Kim Manners and perhaps a hundred fans begging for news about a third X-Files film, you will get their signatures in your LAX-Files book, a souvenir at the door, a special gift provided by Dean Haglund (Langly!), hors d'oeuvres by Mardy's Munchies (you'll be in ecstasy, we promise), and much more!

We can also announce that there may be an unannounced special guest in attendance! We would say more, but they'd have to kill us, and then where would you get your X-Files news?

If you are out of the country and unable to attend, please consider donating to the Phile In Need Program! It's a great way to help a fellow phile and the American Cancer Society.

Come on out to sunny LA the week of May 7th, bring your LAX-Files book, go check out some  fantastic X-Files locations, head to the beach and of course the motel where the final scene of "The Truth" was filmed, and prepare to get your phile on because it's time to party like it's 1998, 2008, and hopefully soon, 2012!

*Attendees subject to change based on production schedules.

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is it May 7th yet?  Super excited for this!
COUNTING DOWN the days :)
You know, I wonder who will show up to this event.  I mean Gillian tagged along to the Big Book signing two years and I know Chris was a last minute addition at IBG's Believe Again thing last year.  Makes me wonder.....
I know right?!

James Wong and Darin Morgan were just added on lax-files.com

Flukeman + both writers that brought us Home.

When was the last time all these folks were on stage?!

This is monumental.  I have no words. 

Holy S;.:-¬ ,.

I would like to be there as well as a few million fans also.

But from this corner of the world,sending all the best energy and make the event a success.

COUNTDOWN TO LAX-FILES

The official countdown to LAX-Files has begun with just 7 days left to get your tickets to one phenomenal event.

On hand for a Q&A and book signing to help raise funds for the American Cancer Society in honor of the late Kim Manners are:

Chris Carter, writer, producer, director and creator of The X-Files and all things amazing since 1993. There's a reason we call the 90s the Carter-era of television and XFN would very much like to see more of Carter's influence on today's TV.

Mitch Pileggi, aka Assistant Director Walter Skinner, who gave fans a huge surprise when he showed up to help Scully save Mulder (yet again) in the second X-Files feature film, The X-Files: I Want to Believe. You've also seen him on Stargate Atlantis, Supernatural and FX's critically acclaimed  Sons of Anarchy.

Glen Morgan and James Wong, the writing team responsible for some of The X-Files' very best episodes. Morgan and Wong are known to philes as the writers who brought us "Home," the first X-Files episode to get a viewer discretion warning for graphic content. "Home" became one of the series' most popular episodes and was one of director Kim Manners' favorites. Morgan and Wong were also responsible for MOTW's "Tooms" and "Squeeze" (we'll never look at an air vent the same way again) and for the beautifully memorable, "Beyond the Sea." After The X-Files, Morgan and Wong hit the big screen with Final Destination and Final Destination 3, both as writers and Wong as the director.

Darin Morgan, aka Flukeman ("Host"), Eddie Van Blundht ("Small Potatoes") and writer of X-Files episodes such as; "Humbug," "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," "War of the Coprophages," and "Jose Chungs from Outer Space." Darin also served as a writer and supervising producer on Tower Prep, and as a consulting producer for Fringe.

Jeff Gulka, aka Gibson Praise, the boy who could tell you what you had for breakfast, was apparently very good at hiding the fact that he knew Scully was pregnant (we're guessing he could read fetal thoughts too) and he really made the Fowl one uncomfortable. Jeff recently appeared in Stan Helsing and is traveling all the way from Canada for this event!

We can also tell you that a special surprise guest is planning on making an appearance and you will not want to miss this! Due to circumstances beyond the control of LAX-Files organizers, there will not be any filming permitted so what happens at LAX-Files will stay at LAX-Files (aside from excited tweets from LAX-Files' official press, XFilesNews, and from fans in attendance).

Given what we know of this event, we highly recommend those of you in the area, close to the area, or within reasonable proximity to the state of California, purchase a ticket!

You won't regret it!

We can confirm the following: Special guest is male and is a main cast member. Hope to have more info soon!

A male main cast member?

Okay, so David, Robert.... OMG  Bil Davis!?????!!!

Who can it be!?

EXCITING right!!!!????

:)

Will anybody (XFN?) be doing some kind of live twitter/forum/chatroom updating from this? Given that the event takes place at a (for me) timezone-friendly time it could be nice to pretend I'm actually there ;)

Hi Ozium. Yes, XFN will be doing live tweets (XFilesNews and XF3Army)  and updates to XFilesNews.com Your idea about chatroom updating is great! Let me talk with our Skype Files team and see if they can open their doors up on Saturday to do this live as well!

Tiffany

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Latest Activity

Robert Marmorstein posted a discussion

Should the 3rd X-Files movie be a TV Miniseries instead?

I think the storytelling would be enhanced if the final chapter of the story be allowed some time to flesh out instead of trying to cram it in a movie for 90 minutes. A 4-6 hour miniseries would allow a more intricately woven story to be told and…See More
Oct 11
Derek Evans shared a profile on Facebook
Jul 5
BEV replied to BEV's discussion What questions or situations would like to have resolved in XF3...?
"Another question I would like to see resolved is ....When will Fox give Chris what he needs so he can make XF3 ??"
Jun 26
Marina commented on Marina's photo
Thumbnail

Photoshoot 5 (3)

"I had a poster with this picture on my wall :) I even tried to draw them but I'm not that talented so I failed :D"
Dec 9, 2013

© 2014   Created by Big Light.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service