Big Light

To the fans:

Myself, and other staffers of The X-Files Lexicon, wanted to address the reason why we haven’t been posting any articles, or officially commenting on the story about David Duchovny’s comments to a French magazine that a “third X-Files movie was being written.” Initially, I was willing to take the comment at face value, until a colleague and contributor to the Lexicon, a person who lives in France, warned me otherwise. This person further explained that she has read the magazine for many years, and she stressed that this magazine’s interviews with foreign actors almost never make sense because of their poor translations. While is it a cliché to bring this up, she admitted that most French people have understanding issues where foreign languages are involved--especially English. She pointed out that David probably made some vague statement about Chris and Frank throwing some ideas around. The writer seized on it, and tried to make it look like she / he had an inside scoop. I trust this colleague, and so we stand by our decision.

Having made that point, The X-Files Lexicon staff has never questioned the integrity of X-Files News in their reporting, and we consider them allies and friends. We simply held skepticism over the source. This in no way means that we at The X-Files Lexicon are not supportive of the effort to persuade 20th Century Fox to green light a third X-Files feature; we very much champion all fan efforts to petition Fox to finance a third film, as well as a Millennium feature.

However, the stated policy with The X-Files Lexicon is, we will not circulate information that hasn’t been confirmed by an official publicist, including hearsay, or rumor, but will cooperate with verifiable outlets. Regarding the actions of other websites, when it comes to publishing stories, we have no position, but we always wish them the best with their efforts.

A number of people have personally expressed their appreciation to me in that we only release verifiable information. During 2008, leading up to the release of I Want To Believe we employed this practice, and it served us well. As Fox Mulder might be prone to say – “No one has a monopoly on the truth.” All fans should aspire to gather the best information possible. I hope this clears up the matter.

Webmaster, Matt Allair
The X-Files Lexicon

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read the news on Google and my immediate reaction was, so what if David says they are writing the script of XF3? Like it also said they need that green light from FOX ! I think the poor response from the second movie certainly isn't going to help matters when it comes to money grabbing US TV & Movie companies like FOX. So the news didn't faze me in the least. I didn't believe the article was true anyway, and now I know i wasn't. Of course we'd love a third movie to wrap it up. but I'm not holding my breath. And why get so worked up about it? Stop accusing and learn to care about each other, please!

I got to meet David in New York and he's a really lovely man, a very warm and giving soul. Then I get home and find my best friend in New York (who I didn't get to meet after all but spoke to) bloody died yesterday! So getting all worked up about whether or not XF3 will happen seems so trivial!

There I've said my piece.

Enjoy life to it's fullest people and be thankful for it.

Penny xx
Was that the entire interview? I don't see what Bev was referring to about the XFiles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvQbkPS8zCA
This song applies well. Lessons will be learned by those who open their minds to the epicness that is Jon Stewart.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I love this so much. I need an XF fanvid to this, somehow...

Boston said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvQbkPS8zCA
This song applies well. Lessons will be learned by those who open their minds to the epicness that is Jon Stewart.
I am inclined to say "Yes they can."
;)
We never give up!. I'm writing a book about a third of the movie. Me is being very well, I still have to design the cover of my book, and I hope to finish by 2012. A kiss to all

I would love to read it. Could you please mail me? My email addy is : gringa2pe@yahoo.co.uk

Many hugs!

Martina

Loli SS said:

We never give up!. I'm writing a book about a third of the movie. Me is being very well, I still have to design the cover of my book, and I hope to finish by 2012. A kiss to all

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Latest Activity

traumcave replied to traumcave's discussion Decades of X: 90s vs. post-2001 (2012)
"also this "
Mar 28
traumcave replied to traumcave's discussion Decades of X: 90s vs. post-2001 (2012)
"Kimon, did you see this part of the SDCC 2013? http://youtu.be/cqTtGpiw_Z8?t=46m40s Q:Do you think those (wolrd) dynamics would change how you write or would have written the show? CC: Yes. (...) I think, that if The X-Files would come back…"
Mar 28
Marina commented on Marina's photo
Thumbnail

Photoshoot 5 (3)

"I had a poster with this picture on my wall :) I even tried to draw them but I'm not that talented so I failed :D"
Dec 9, 2013
Erin Blair commented on Marina's photo
Thumbnail

Photoshoot 5 (3)

"This was one of my favorite photoshoots of them. :)"
Dec 5, 2013

© 2014   Created by Big Light.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service