History was made on Saturday, July 30, 2011 in Beverly Hills. Playing to a sold out crowd of 200+ from around the world, including Canada, Spain, and Australia, Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, with special guest, Chris Carter, reminded fans why we love The X-Files.
The camaraderie was mesmerizing and has not faded since the show was on the air. It’s was clear that all three had remained close friends since the show ended its run on television. Gillian had prepared a page of typed questions for David; David asked similar questions back to Gillian.
It's hard to remember all the details of their conversation, but here's what I remember:
- Gillian asked David about his time on The X-Files and now on Californication.
- David asked Gillian about her theater background and her BBC productions.
- Gillian said she has a hard time remembering details, since she birthed three kids. David then teased her about thinking with her vagina.
- Gillian wants to see an XF3 script and wants to know how that can happen
- Both David and Gillian hated the prostetic makeup on Dod Kalm and she refuses to accept any roles that cause her to ear them.
- Gillian asked David what was his most ackward moment he asked her the same thing, then they both started into space, causing an ackward moment.
- Gillian asked David if he still does yoga; he said when he has time, but has no set schedule
- In the Pilot episode, Arlene Pilegg's backside was used for the famous "Are these mosquito bites" scene, not Gillian. Then David and Gillian argued if it really was Arlene. (Mitch Pileggi has since confirmed it was his wife's ass in that scene)
- David may or may not have carried around rice in his pocket in Vancouver, since he threw some at Gillian during a scene with maggots.
- David said he cringes when he watches the early episodes, and says they are both better actors now.
Questions were taken from the audience and VIP ticket holders were escorted to have one item signed by Gillian and special guest, Chris Carter. For details about what the two talked about on stage, please read and follow XFilesNews.com on Twitter.
As fans waited for their paid photo opportunity with Gillian, she surprised IBG and the fans by coming into the main room and said she was willing to auction off her typed list of questions to David, even though it was stained from the inside of her blue jeans and folded. She was hoping to raise $5 for SA-YES, but the final bid price was $450.
For a complete play by play of the conversation series, pre-order the IBG DVD here.